Armed Services Hockey Tournament (Thursday through Sunday)
The puck will drop during Veterans Day weekend at Fiesta Rancho’s SoBe Ice Arena for the 10th annual Armed Services Hockey Association Hockey Classic called “Hockey for Heroes.” Twenty-two teams from around the world that are comprised of members of the military, police and fire will compete nearly 24 hours daily over four days.
There is no charge for admission.
WHEN: Thursday, Nov. 8 through Sunday, Nov. 11. Teams will compete nearly 24 hours daily, but there will be breaks. For exact times, head to www.armedserviceshockey.com.
WHERE: Fiesta Rancho SoBe Ice Arena, 2400 N. Rancho Drive, North Las VegasNellis Air Force Base Aviation Nation (Saturday and Sunday)What is Aviation Nation?
Aviation Nation, the annual Nellis Open House and largest free public event in Nevada, returns Nov. 10-11 to Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
Aviation Nation celebrates 71 years of airpower in Las Vegas and the Air Force's accomplishments in air, space and cyberspace. Several military air demonstration teams, including the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, better known as the Thunderbirds, will perform with other military and civilian acts.
The two-day event will depict the history of American aviation and will salute the recent accomplishments of America's military in operations around the globe through numerous military and civilian ground displays.What is the cost?
Admission: General Admission to Aviation Nation is free. No tickets are available for purchase or required for general entry.
The Las Vegas Motor Speedway has generously donated the public parking space for Aviation Nation. Air Show visitors may park for free in the designated air show parking lots. (see Where do I Park?)
Transportation to Nellis from Speedway:
Free round-trip bus transportation between parking lots and the event. Commercial buses will transport visitors between the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to Nellis Air Force Base.
Food, Beverages and Novelties:
Food, beverages and novelites will be available for purchase as several locations within the event venue. ATMs will also be placed throughout the flight line for open house patrons.
The 2012 Aviation Nation schedule for Nov. 10 and 11 has been released.
Gates will open at 9 a.m. with opening ceremony and national anthem at 10:30 a.m. Flying acts will perform from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the following order:
Korean Conflict reenactment with with an F-86 Sabre, MiG-15, T-33 Shooting Star, A-1 Skyraider, and T-6 Texan
T-33 Shooting Star demonstration
CJ-6 Nanchang Desert Rat formation
F-86 Sabre Horseman demonstration
F-15 Eagles and F-16 Fighting Falcon air-to-air demonstration
B-1B Lancer flyby
RED HORSE jump demonstration
A-10 Thunderbolt IIs, F-16 Fighting Falcon and F-15E Strike Eagle air-to-ground demonstration
F-22 Raptor demonstration
F-22 Raptor, F-86 Sabre and P-51 Mustang Heritage flight
Re-enlistment ceremony and ground show
The Thunderbirds are also offering museum tours 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. There will be no access to the hangar at any time from the museum.
For the latest information on Aviation Nation, visit the Aviation Nation link at www.nellis.af.mil or call the 99th Air Base Wing Public Affairs office at (702) 652-2750.
Link to PSA: http://www.nellis.af.mil/shared/widgets/popup.asp?url=http://www.nellis.af.mil/shared/xml/rssVideo.asp?mrsstype=2&id=107&cnt=5&pos=0
General Air Show Information
Email: Aviation Nation
POCs for Participation in the Event:
For Donations, Display Booths, and Advertising
Cate Berry, Services Marketing Director
For Aircraft Static Displays/Aerial-Related Activities
Lt Col James Leffel, Aviation Nation Director of Operations
For Food, Beverage and Novelty Booths
Email: Booth Coordinator
Master Concessionaire for Food, Beverage and Novelty
DJ's National Food Service
Sheila Rinehart (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Ron Severance (email@example.com)
both can be reached at (614) 888-6600.
For all other queries
99th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
firstname.lastname@example.orgCaesars Entertainment Shows Military Appreciation
In appreciation of America’s armed forces and in celebration of Veteran’s Day, Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas resorts invite military members to enjoy several entertainment offerings free of charge or at discounted prices. Military personnel, including active members and retirees, can present their government issued military identification cards in exchange for the following offers:
Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas Resorts
Military personnel, past and present, may present their government issued military identification cards to the restaurant cashiers to take advantage of the Buffet of Buffet offer. The complimentary passes may be obtained at any Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas buffet on Nov.11, 2012 and are active for 24 hours from the time issued at the following buffets:
- Caesars Palace, Bacchanal Buffet (with a $15 upgrade charge per visit)
- Flamingo, Paradise Garden Buffet
- Harrah’s Las Vegas, Flavors
- The Quad (formerly Imperial Palace), Emperor’s Buffet
- Paris Las Vegas, Le Village Buffet
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Spice Market Buffet
- Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, Carnival World Buffet
- Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, Village Seafood Buffet (with a $15 upgrade charge per visit)
- Military personnel are invited to attend an actual wedding with Tony N’ Tina’s Wedding, offering 50% off on Veteran’s day and 20% off until May 2013.
- Eccentric comic magician, Amazing Johnathan, is offering half-priced tickets on Nov. 9th and 10th.
- One part vivid imagination, two parts carnival and a shot of old world burlesque mixed with a heavy dash of decadence, ABSINTHE, is offering $20 off reserved seating with the code ABS20 at the box office or through Ticketmaster.
- Comedian George Wallace, known as "the guy who can roll the room over if it's dead” will be offering one free ticket throughout 2012.
- X Burlesque, one of the sexiest shows on the Strip, will offer a two-for-one discount.
- The original celebrity tribute spectacular, Legends in Concert, has an ongoing two-for-one ticket discount.
- The longest-running solo play in Broadway history, Defending the Caveman, will offer two free tickets on Veteran’s Day and has an ongoing two-for-one ticket discount.
- The longest-running comedy club in Las Vegas and the first standup comedy club ever created, The Improv, will offer a 20% off discount.
- Named “Best Strip Headliner” in the Las Vegas Weekly’s 2011 annual Vegas’ best awards, Mac King, is offering two free tickets through Nov. 17th.
- The over-the-top production of Frank Marino’s Divas Las Vegas, featuring the world’s best female impersonators performing as some of music’s biggest superstars, has an ongoing half-price ticket offer.
- “Smokey Robinson Presents Australia's Human Nature – The Ultimate Celebration of the Motown Sound,” has an ongoing half-price ticket offer.
- Jeff Civillico’s show blends comedy with physical humor, stunts and juggling with friendly audience interaction and insane amounts of energy, is offering two free tickets on Saturday Nov. 10th and has an ongoing $10 General Admission ticket or $15 VIP ticket.
- World-famous adult hypnotist Anthony Cools has an ongoing two-for-one ticket discount.
- Vegas’ only star-studded striptease spectacular, PEEPSHOW, is offering a two-for-one deal on any performance now through Dec. 2nd using code 241PEEP.
To purchase tickets and for current show dates and times, please visit www.lventertainment.com.Veterans Day Ceremony (Sunday)
The Disabled American Veterans, Black Mountain Chapter 12, cordially invites the public to attend the Veterans Day Ceremony at the Southern Nevada Veterans Home, 100 Veterans Memorial Highway, Boulder City, NV 89005 on November 11 at 1:30 p.m.
Join with honored guests and the Nevada Opera Theatre Singers in honoring our veterans.Desert Winds Presents ‘A Veterans Day Salute’ (Sunday)
The Desert Winds’ next concert of the season, “A Veterans Day Salute,” will take place at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Valley High School, 2839 Burnham Road, Las Vegas.
The Desert Winds is a wind ensemble working to promote the performance of contemporary literature as a rendering of today’s societal expressions and for the sake of educational out-reach that advances the appreciation of wind and percussion music.
Donation Tickets are available online at www.showtix4u.com for $10.
Contact Danielle McCracken, Publicity Marking Advisor, for more information at (702) 612-6791 or email@example.com.Terrible Herbst
In honor of the thousands of veterans and active duty military personnel in the Las Vegas valley, this Veterans Day, Terrible Herbst is continuing a Las Vegas tradition it began years ago. To show its support and gratitude for our armed forces personnel, Terrible Herbst is rewarding our U.S. military veterans and armed forces for their amazing service with a free car wash and 50% off any full service oil change.
Military veterans and active military service personnel may visit any of Terrible’s 38 car wash locations in Las Vegas anytime from Saturday through Monday and receive a free full service or exterior car wash and visit any one of Terrible’s 22 Lube locations to receive 50% off any full service oil change.
Military service personnel and military veterans just need to show their military ID to receive their complimentary wash or discounted oil change; one wash per military ID and one discounted oil changer per military ID.
National Park Service
To honor America’s military, the National Park Service is offering free admission to all guests Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 10-12. Additionally, Lake Mead National Recreation Area park rangers will distribute free Interagency Annual Military Passes to active duty service members and their families at Aviation Nation Nov. 11 at Nellis Air Force Base.
The military passes, which mirror the benefits of the Interagency Annual Pass valued at $80, provide service members and occupants of a single, non-commercial vehicle (or pass holder and three persons where per person fees are charged), with free access to all 398 national parks, including the Lake Mead National Recreation Area and the Bureau of Land Management’s Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
“National parks preserve places that commemorate our country’s collective heritage – our ideals, our majestic lands, our sacred sites, our patriotic icons – which our military has defended through the years,” said National Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis. “We are grateful for the service and sacrifice of military members, past and present, and honored to tell their story at many of our national parks.”
Although Interagency Annual Military Passes are not available for veterans or retirees, some may qualify for a $10 lifetime Interagency Senior Pass for U.S. Citizens or permanent residents age 62 or older or a free lifetime Interagency Access Pass for U.S. Citizens or permanent residents medically determined to have a permanent disability. The Interagency Senior and Access Passes also may offer 50 percent discounts on camping and amenity fees at Federal Areas.
Park rangers will distribute the free passes at a Southern Nevada Agency Partnership booth at Aviation Nation. Active duty service members will need to show a CAC card or official DD form 1173 ID card.
All Interagency Annual and Lifetime passes are available year-round at the Lake Mead entrance stations or park headquarters.
For more information, call 702-293-8990 or visit a park ranger at Aviation Nation.