NORTH LAS VEGAS -- R.C. Farms in North Las Vegas is once again asking everyone to recycle pumpkins for use as livestock feed.
Pumpkins can be dropped off at R.C. Farms on the corner of North 5th Street and Ann Road in North Las Vegas. There is a collection bin in front of the entrance.
The public can also chose to feed the pigs during business hours from 8 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m, to 4 p.m. from Nov. 1 to 5. Residents are allowed to feed the unwanted pumpkins directly.
Residents can also take unwanted pumpkins to one of several pumpkin patch locations and discard them in the blue collection containers.
Last year R.C. Farms recycled more than 10 tons of pumpkins. Its goal this year is 15 tons.Pumpkin Patch Recycle locations
- Green Valley Lot: 1382 American Pacific Driver, Henderson, Nev.
- Rainbow Lot: 7335 S. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas
- Flamingo Lot: 9892 W. Flamingo, Las Vegas
- K-Mart Lot: 10405 S. Eastern Ave., Henderson, Nev.
- Centennial Lot: 6400 S.E. Centennial Center Drive, Las Vegas
- R.C. Farms: 555 E. El Campo Grand Ave. (corner of Ann Rd. and North 5th St.)