The 19-year-old LVMPD Explorer Captain Angel Velasquez, who was struck down last Thursday by an impaired driver, will be laid to rest on Wed., August 7.
The Velasquez family will allow media outlets to attend. Arrangements are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 6, Viewing: 3-7p.m. Palm Mortuary 1325 N. Main St.
- Wednesday, August 7, Funeral: 12:30 p.m Trinity Life Church 1000 E St Louis Ave.
- Wednesday, August 7, Burial: (Following funeral Palm Cemetery) 6701 N. Jones Blvd.
- Wednesday, August 7, Candlelight Vigil: 8 p.m.: Sahara Ave. and Van Patten St.
Anyone wanting to help with memorial costs can donate to:
- Memorial Fund for Angel Velasquez through Wells Fargo #3771101486
For more information about Velasquez or the Explorers, go to: www.lvmpdexplorers.com