LAS VEGAS (KSNV & MyNews3) -- Tonight we have good news for retail shops heading into their busiest season.
The retail association of Nevada has projected a 7 percent increase in holiday shopping from last years which is on pace to exceed the national projections.
National projections are somewhere around 4 percent. This comes on the heels of increased retail over the last several months.
Bryan Wachter with the retail association talks about what makes shopping here unique.
“Las Vegas lends itself to having a lot of different retailers because of the draw for tourism,” Wachter said. “You do certainly have more of a selection here than in other places that really gives shoppers their ability to do their hunting, get what they need.”
Many stores are extending hours to be open on Thanksgiving and overnight into Black Friday.
Here is a list of stores with extended hours:
- Miracle Mile Shops | 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Fashion Show Forever 2 | 110 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Fashion Show -- Macy's | 8 p.m. - next day
- Grand Canal Shoppe| 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Meadows Mall (many shops including) | 8 p.m. – various close times
- Meadows Mall Victoria's Secret | 8 p.m. - next day
- Town Square Old Navy | 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. - next day
- Town Square H&M | 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Town Square -- New York and Company | Noon - 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Town Square -- Staples | 8 pm. - midnight
- Boulevard Mall Old Navy | 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. - next day
- Boulevard Mall Sears | 8 a.m. - next day
- Boulevard Mall Macy's | 8 p.m. - next day
- Galleria Mall Dick's Sporting Goods | 8 p.m. - midnight
- Galleria Mall Macy's | 8 p.m. - midnight
- Las Vegas Premium Outlets North & South | 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. (some stay open and re-open)
- Kohl's | 8 p.m. - midnight
- Target | 8 p.m. - next day
- Toys R Us| 5 p.m. - next day
- JC Penney | 8 p.m. - next day
- Anna's Linens | 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.