Latest News from News 3

2 displaced after plumbers start apartment fire on Pirates Cove

(Las Vegas Fire & Rescue)
(Las Vegas Fire & Rescue)
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 11/02/2012 1:42 pm
LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) – Two people are displaced after a fire this morning in the 7100 block of Pirates Cove Road.

Las Vegas firefighters responded at 11:09 a.m. to the Pavilions Apartment Complex, near Westcliff and Buffalo, when several people reported smoke coming from a two-story wood frame/stucco apartment building.

According to a news release, firefighters found the fire originated in a water heater closet on the patio of a downstairs apartment. The fire and smoke extended up the chimney chase and extended to the apartment above.

Firefighters brought it under control in less than 10 minutes. Damage was estimated at $50,000.

Fire investigators ruled the fire accidental, the result of plumbers using a torch while working on a water heater on the first floor.
Share

Slideshows

News 3 Poll

Twitter

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.