Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Bathroom fan fire damages northwest Las Vegas home

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 2/18/2013 4:34 pm
LAS VEGAS -- A northwest Las Vegas home was damaged this afternoon by a fire that started in the exhaust fan of an upstairs bathroom.

The four people that were home in the 6600 block of Silverstream Avenue, near U.S. 95 and Rainbow, escaped without injury. The American Red Cross is assisting two adults and three children that live in the home.

Occupants of the home called 9-1-1 at 12:42 p.m. and advised that there was a fire in an upstairs bathroom. When firefighters arrived, smoke was showing from the two-story wood frame/stucco house. Firefighters entered the home and found the fire in the ceiling of the bathroom. They had the fire out in a few minutes.

Fire damage was confined to the bathroom. Heat and smoke damage was confined to the upstairs and attic area of the home. Damage was estimated at $50,000.

Fire investigators ruled the fire accidental, starting in the fan. It appeared to be electrical in nature.

-- From news release
Share

Slideshows

Poll


All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.