LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) – The Clark County coroner’s office today released the cause of deaths in a Christmas morning fire in the 3600 block of Boulder Highway near Sahara.
Charito Nicole Whittier, 24, and Angelo Alfred Romero, 25, both died of inhalation of smoke and soot due to the fire at Miracle Mile Mobile Home Park. Carbon monoxide intoxication also was a contributing factor. Both deaths were ruled accidental.
The fire started underneath the trailer and spread into the bedroom where the couple was sleeping.
The mobile home was approximately 40 years old. It was manufactured in the early 1970s and was heavily damaged in the fire.