LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) -- The man behind Griffin Mansions, a failed valley wedding business that went bankrupt, costing brides and grooms their dream weddings and thousands of dollars, was not talkative outside bankruptcy court.
Anthony Lopez was discovered leaving bankruptcy court this month.
Griffin mansion closed in May after guests who attended a party there became sick.
The Southern Nevada Health District was notified and conducted an investigation.
More than 120 guests were questioned, and the Health District says 51 of them contracted norovirus -- a severe stomach flu usually caused by contaminated food.
One of the guests at that party called us after seeing our earlier investigation.
She said she was angry to hear that previous safety violations at the property seemed to go unnoticed by local inspectors.
Health Inspector Mark Gillespie said legal issues made it tough for inspectors to close Griffin before people became sick.
But, as News 3 previously reported, documents show the Health District and the county knew about Griffin's violations for at least five years.
The Health District said Wednesday an official report on the incident will be released soon.