Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Fire sprinkler douses dryer fire in group home

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 10/01/2013 11:00 pm
LAS VEGAS (KSNV & MyNews3) -- Fire fighters helped eight residents escape a laundry room blaze of a group home in the valley's northwest side Tuesday afternoon.

Las Vegas and North Las Vegas firefighters responded to the adult assisted care group home after clothes in a dryer caught fire.

The fire was kept in check by an automatic fire sprinkler until a staff member and firefighters made sure the fire was completely out.

The eight elderly residents were able to escape without injury.

Firefighters responded to the one-story wood frame and stucco home at 1709 Battle Creek Circle at 2:03 p.m.

The clothes dryer was in a laundry room with an automatic fire sprinkler in it. When the dryer caught fire, the sprinkler activated and kept the fire confined to the dryer.

The dryer was destroyed by the fire. The rest of the house had very minor smoke damage. Damage was estimated at $2,500.

The residents were being assisted by the American Red Cross to a temporary location until the house could be cleaned up.

-- News release
Share

Slideshows

Poll


All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.