LAS VEGAS -- Las Vegas and Clark County firefighters responded to a duplex fire located at 1512 Rexford Place at 8:25 Thanksgiving morning.
Crews arrived and reported smoke and flames were coming from the rear of the one-story brick vacant building located on Oakey and Las Vegas Blvd.
Firefighters found the fire was outside the duplex, but it had burned up to the roof line and was starting to enter the attic. Firefighters was able to extinguish it quickly and prevent it from spreading into the attic.
Fire investigators determined that the fire started outside at the rear door of one of duplexes. Neighbors told fire investigators that the building is used by homeless people on a routine basis.
Nearly all of the damage was confined to the outside. Damage was estimated at $10,000.