Latest News from News 3

Kitchen fire displaces four, causes $5,000 in damage

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/08/2013 7:04 am
LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) – Three adults and a child were displaced after a kitchen fire Monday night at the Baltimore Garden Apartments.

According to a Las Vegas Fire & Rescue news release, firefighters from Las Vegas and Clark County responded just after 8 p.m. to the 300 block of West Baltimore Avenue. On arrival, flames and smoke were showing from a downstairs apartment in the two-story building. The building was evacuated as firefighters doused the flames.

Firefighters found the kitchen on fire and had it out in less than five minutes. They were able to hold the fire to the kitchen, but smoke did spread throughout the rest of the apartment and to the unit above. Damage was estimated at $5,000. There were no reported injuries.

The fire was ruled accidental by fire investigators. Residents in other apartments were allowed to return to their units in less than an hour.
Share

Slideshows

News 3 Poll

Twitter

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.