Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Man succumbs to burn injuries suffered saving children

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 9/26/2012 4:02 pm
LAS VEGAS (KSNV & MyNews3) -- A man who was hurt in a local house fire has died from his injuries.

Leopoldo Rodriguez was hurt while rescuing two children after a fire broke out Saturday morning near Hacienda and Maryland parkway.

Firefighters say it all started when a deep fryer was knocked over and the oil inside ignited. Rodriguez, another adult and two children were all taken to UMC with serious burns. The children are still in critical condition.

Two dogs perished in the fire.

Clark County Fire Department spokesman Dan Kulin said the fire started on an enclosed front porch when a deep fryer over an open flame was accidentally knocked over. The spilled oil then ignited. The fire spread into the house and attic. There were about a dozen family members and friends in the home at the time.

The fire at 5225 Reeder Court was reported at 11:12 a.m. and was extinguished at 11:29 a.m.

The family has set up the Robles House Fire Relief Fund. Anyone interested in donating may do so at a Wells Fargo branch. The account number is 5714691705.



All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.