LAS VEGAS (KSNV & MyNews3) -- The Southern Nevada Immunization and Health Coalition
, the Nevada State Immunization Program
, and other partners will sponsor a week of immunization clinics during Nevada Infant Immunization Week from April 21-28.
The program beginning with a kickoff event hosted by the Children’s Hospital of Nevada at UMC in their Family Resource Center.
The NIIW health fair will begin on Saturday, April 21 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Children’s Hospital of Nevada at UMC Family Resource Center at 1120 Shadow Lane. Children 6 years and younger will be able to receive no-cost immunizations and screenings for hearing, teeth and eyes. Several pediatricians will also be onsite answering health questions.
Major sponsors for NIIW include Southern Nevada Immunization and Health Coalition, Nevada State Immunization Program, CIGNA, St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, Children’s Hospital of Nevada at UMC and Health Plan of Nevada, a United Healthcare Company.
“Immunizations protect children, vaccines have drastically reduced infant death and disability caused by preventable diseases in the United States,” said Pam Beal, Executive Director of Southern Nevada Immunization and Health Coalition. “Through immunization, we can now protect infants and children from 14 vaccine-preventable diseases before age two.
“NIIW is a great opportunity for our coalition to partner with public and private health organizations and promote the benefits of immunizations, improve the health of children and empower parents to make the choice to immunize their children.”
Parents and caregivers will also be able to take advantage of no-cost immunizations for their children who are 6 years and younger during the week at the SNIHC sponsored ‘immunization only’ clinics including:
- Tuesday, April 24 from 3 to 7 p.m., Helping Kids Clinic, 968 E. Sahara Ave.
- Wednesday, April 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Walmart - Next Door Health Operated by Southwest Medical Associates, 1807 W. Craig Road
- Thursday, April 26 from 8 to 11 a.m., Nevada Health Centers, Cambridge Family Health Center, 3900 Cambridge Avenue, Suite 102
- Friday, April 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., REACH / Ventanilla de Salud, Health Fair “De Mujer a Mujer”, Mexican Consulate, 823 S. Sixth
- Saturday, April 28 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the Baby Bonanza event, St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, St. Martin Campus, Conference Center, 8280 West Warm Springs Road
- Saturday, April 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Southwest Medical Associates, 650 N. Nellis Blvd.
NIIW highlights the importance of protecting infants from vaccine-preventable diseases and celebrates the achievements of immunization programs and their partners in promoting healthy communities.
In addition, to Nevada Infant Immunization Week, the coalition will be promoting the CDC’s Vaccines for Children Program that provides vaccines to children and teens at no or low cost to uninsured families and others who qualify.
For additional information about the week’s immunization activities, call (702) 933-7329.