LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) – A fire in a residential neighborhood this morning near McCarran International Airport displaced five people but killed a pet bird.
Clark County Fire Department officials said the call came in just before 7:40 a.m. at the home in the 900 block of Count Wutzke Avenue, near Russell Road and Maryland Parkway. Officials say the fire began outside then spread to the residence.
A total of 13 CCFD units and 35 personnel responded to the fire.
The cause of the fire, an unattended candle, was determined to be accidental, and damage is estimated to be at $75,000.