LAS VEGAS –
On Sunday, the Regional Transportation Commission will implement transit service changes and fare adjustments that will affect some of the valley’s transit passengers. Service changes will include the extension of some routes and an increase in frequency of other routes.
Beginning Sunday, two popular routes will be extended: Route 206 (Charleston Boulevard), which currently ends at Rainbow Boulevard, will extend west to Fort Apache Road and Route 210 (Lake Mead Boulevard), which current terminates at Nellis during most times of the day will have all trips extended to east to Hollywood Boulevard.
• Additionally, the frequency of six routes will increase to meet a boost in demand. The frequency of the Sahara Express will run every 20 minutes in the busiest sections of the corridor.
• Route 202 along Flamingo Road will run every 15 minutes.
• Route 206 along Charleston will also run every 15 minutes in the mid-day and early afternoon on weekdays.
• Route 208 on Washington Avenue will operate every 30 minutes on weekday afternoons.
• Route 210 on Lake Mead Blvd. will run every 21 minutes on weekday afternoons.
• Route 106, which serves Rancho Drive, will run every 30 minutes between Cheyenne Avenue and downtown on Sunday afternoons.
• The DVX (Downtown & Veteran’s Medical Center Express) will run once per hour during weekday mid-day hours.
The following routes will have schedule and/or routing modifications starting Sept. 30:
• Route 104 - Valley View / Arville
• Route 105 - Martin L. King
• Route 106 - Rancho / Centennial Hills
• Route 117 - Las Vegas Blvd S. / Silverado Ranch
• Route 202 - Flamingo
• Route 203 - Spring Mountain / Desert Inn / Lamb
• Route 206 - Charleston
• Downtown & Veterans Medical Center Express (DVX)
• Route 208 - Washington
• Route 210 - Lake Mead Boulevard.
• Route 212 - Sunset
• Route 214 - H Street / D Street
• Route 215 - Bonanza
• Route 402 - Sunset / Boulder City
• Sahara Express (SX)
Details on these new schedules can be found at rtcsnv.com. In addition, some routes will have changes to boarding locations, frequency and/or routing. All routes listed below except Route 207 will operate under new schedules.Route 105 - Martin L. King:
• Boarding location at the Bonneville Transit Center (BTC) will now be at Bay 1.
• Weekday mid-morning frequency will increase to every 30 minutes.
• One additional northbound trip will be added during the early evening hours.Route 106 - Rancho / Centennial Hills:
• Boarding location at the Bonneville Transit Center (BTC) will now be at Bay 11.
• Sunday afternoon frequency will increase to every 30 minutes between the BTC and Cheyenne Avenue.
• One northbound trip will be added during the 7 p.m. hour to maintain 30-minute frequency.Route 109 - Maryland Pkwy:
• Boarding location at the Bonneville Transit Center (BTC) will now be at Bays 7 and 8.Route 202 - Flamingo
• Frequency will be increased.Route 203 - Spring Mountain / Desert Inn / Lamb
• Modify current 8:24 a.m. eastbound weekday trip to begin at Desert Inn and Fort Apache roads at 8:27 a.m.¬Route 206 - Charleston
• Route will be extended west to Fort Apache / Rampart. The exact westbound route will be to continue west on Charleston, north on Durango, west on Alta Drive, south on Rampart Boulevard, east on Charleston, and a layover at the existing bus stop on eastbound Charleston Boulevard west of Fort Apache Road.
• The eastbound routing will be from the new layover point, to Charleston Boulevard and back on route.
• Increase weekday, late morning and early afternoon frequency to every 15 minutes.
• Current loop on Torrey Pines Drive / Oakey Boulevard will be removed.Route 207 - Alta / Stewart
• Boarding location for at the Bonneville Transit Center will now be at Bay 5.Route 208 - Washington
• Weekday afternoon frequency will increase to every 30 minutes.Route 210 - Lake Mead Boulevard
• Extend Route 210 farther east to Los Feliz Street and Carey Avenue following the current overnight routing. The exact route will be eastbound on Lake Mead Boulevard, north on Hollywood Boulevard, east on Carey Avenue, south on Los Feliz Street and west on Lake Mead with a layover at the existing bus stop on westbound Lake Mead after Radwick Drive.
• Westbound it will continue from the new layover location west on Lake Mead Boulevard and back onto the route.
• Current Ringe / Kell loop to be removed.
• Weekday afternoon frequency will increase to every 21 minutes.
• Double-deck vehicles will be replaced with traditional 40-foot buses.Route 214 -H Street / D Street
• Boarding location at the Bonneville Transit Center (BTC) now at Bay 3.Sahara Express (SX)
• Decrease weekday daytime frequency to every 20 minutes and decrease Sunday daytime frequency to every 23 minutes.
• Modify SX-A branch to use Fort Apache instead of Rainbow Boulevard. Routing as follows:
-- Westbound: From westbound Sahara Avenue, travel north on Fort Apache Road, west on Charleston and continue on route to Red Rock Resort.
-- Eastbound: From eastbound Charleston, travel south on Fort Apache Road, east on Sahara and continue on route.
-- SX-A service along Charleston east of Fort Apache / Rampart and along Rainbow Boulevard will be removed.
-- The SX shuttle replaces the SX-C along Cabana Drive and Desert Inn Road and will run Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. -6 p.m.
-- Coincide with SX-B westbound trips at Vegas Valley Drive and Nellis Boulevard to allow passengers to transfer and continue west as well as SX-B eastbound trips to allow for passengers to be dropped off within the loop.Downtown & Veteran's Medical Center Express (DVX)
• Increase weekday mid-day frequency to every 60 minutes.
• Boarding location at the BTC will now be at Bay 2.
In addition, the following fare adjustments will also go into effect on Sunday, Sept. 30:Strip & Downtown Express Service and Deuce on the Strip Service:
• The fixed route Strip & All Access 24-hour Pass will increase from $7 to $8.
• The fixed route Strip & All Access 2-hour Access Pass will increase from $5 to $6.
• Locals who purchase residential passes may use them on any route, including the Strip, at no additional charge with local Nevada I.D.Residential Routes (including Centennial, Westcliff Airport, Boulder Highway, Henderson & Downtown and Sahara Express routes):
• A 15-day pass for $34 will replace the 5-day pass that is currently offered.
• The reduced fare discount offered on residential transit routes will be a flat 50 percent for all passes.
• Reduced-fare day passes will cost $2.50, reduced-fare 15-day passes will cost $17, and reduced-fare monthly passes will cost $32.50. Reduced-fare passes are available for students K-12, senior citizens 60 and over, persons with disabilities and Medicare-eligible persons.
Customers can find further information on the transit service changes and fare adjustments that will be effective Sunday at rtcsnv.com
or by calling (702) 228-7433.-- From news release