LAS VEGAS (KSNV & MyNews3) -- David Vanbuskirk's death means Metro’s fallen officers page will now bear 19 names.
Each name representing a life taken during the past 80 years.
They are honored in several ways around the valley. Here's a look back at their service and sacrifice.
At the police memorial park in the northwest valley, a heavy rock bears the names of the lives lost from local law enforcement agencies.
A plaque reads; "They gave their lives in the performance of their duties."
News 3 looks at the last 25 years of metro history.Marc Kahre
Donald C. Weese
- October 11, 1988: targetted by a suspect who had just shot at his girlfriend's home.
- October 23, 1992 - killed in a crash, 25 minutes before the end of his shift
- March 24, 1998 - while training with search and rescue, killed instantly by falling ice.
- February 1, 2006 ambushed and shot by a suspect armed with an assault rifle.
The last 4 deaths were in 2009.
That May, James Manor
was responding to a reported violent domestic disturbance when his patrol cruiser collided with another vehicle.
In October, Milburn Beitel's
patrol car overturned after he swerved to avoid a citizens vehicle.
November 19, Trevor Nettleton
- attacked by robbers. he fought back but was fatally shot
two days later, Daniel J. Leach
was involved in a two vehicle accident on the 95.