Latest News from News 3

Couple share their wedding woes with troubled facility

Reported by: Michelle Velez
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/03/2012 8:03 am
LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) -- More Las Vegas couples are coming forward with information after News 3 broke a story about a wedding company that's currently shut down.

News 3 recently learned that Griffin Mansions was shut down by the Health Department for the past seven weeks.

Staff for the property near Southern Highlands is telling brides and grooms it's a temporary shutdown, but there's a lot more to this story.

The staff promises brides and grooms all-inclusive dream weddings in a quaint Vegas location.

Turns out, the mansion has been shut down by the Southern Nevada Health District for seven weeks. Plus, the owner is facing criminal prosecution.

But they failed to mention this to us when a News 3 crew went to check out the venue while undercover.

It seems like an idyllic location to be married in a mansion tucked away in the southern part of the valley.

However, some brides and grooms tell us their dreams of having a wedding at this mansion were shattered.
“Beyond words, I have never experienced anything like this." said Wendy Rowland. "I have been crying for three days, not sleeping... trying to call venues.”

Rowland and her fiancé were told their August wedding was cancelled after the invitations had gone out and payments to Griffin had been made.

Rowland heard rumors of trouble and demanded answers. Turns out, her August wedding was off. She was told in mid-June that the mansion had been temporarily shut down by the Health Department over a minor issue. That's not what the Health District is telling News 3.

A representative says the whole facility has been shut down since May 13 for various violations.

However, A Griffin spokesperson told us the bar and the mansion were open and ready to entertain. Plus, she told us the Griffin had just hosted a wedding when it was supposed to be closed.

The mansion is still booking weddings, as recently as a few days ago.

News 3’s Michelle Velez went to get answers for the brides and grooms who couldn't get any answers, but like many of the couples, News 3 was unable to get any information.

"I didn't want to be a bridezilla, but they're making it very difficult not to be," Rowland said.

Wendy still doesn't have her money back and can't plan another wedding without it. But she's is not the only one to contact us.

Share


Slideshows

News 3 Poll

Twitter

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.