Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

Grill fire causes $50,000 damage to Henderson home

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 9/01 11:07 am
HENDERSON (KSNV MyNews3.com) – A grill fire fed by propane caused $50,000 damage to a Green Valley neighborhood home Sunday evening.

Henderson Fire Department firefighters were called about 7 p.m. to a fire at a two-story, single-family residence fire near Pecos and Windmill.

The first engine arrived to find fire and smoke visible from the rear of the dwelling. According to the homeowners, who were at home at the time, the fire started from a grill with a propane bottle. The fire had broken out a rear window and was beginning to extend into the home. Arriving crews quickly organized an offensive fire attack, made access to the rear yard and the interior of the home, and extinguished the fire.

The homeowners exited the home safely, but told firefighters there were two cats inside. Once the fire was under control, the cats were located and returned to the owners unhurt.

There were no injuries. The fire was determined to be accidental.

Share

Slideshows

Popular Right Now:
Poll


All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.