By John London NBC NewsFLORENCE, Ky. —
A Kentucky third-grader is recovering after getting medicine at school that was supposed to go to a classmate.
Dylan Davis, 9, a student at Collins Elementary in Florence, said he was mistakenly given medication when taken to the school nurse's office.
|For more on this story, follow this link.|
According to his parents, the boy was given 10 milligrams of Adderall and 10 milligrams of Tenex.
He had been at the office the day before because of an upset stomach, but the medication dispensed to him Thursday -- as confirmed by the district -- was prescribed to someone else.
"They made me feel down and my throat was getting clogged up and my face was all tingly," Dylan said a couple of hours after leaving Children's Hospital.
He recalls barely being able to stand up.