Latest News from News 3

Man attacked during double homicide out of hospital

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 5/14/2012 7:12 am
LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) – The man whose wife and daughter were killed in an attack at their home last month was released from the hospital.

Arturo Martinez suffered multiple skull fractures during the attack, and though he's not entirely recovered, he was allowed to leave UMC on Sunday.

News 3 was there as his brother, sister and other family members waited to take him home.

On Friday, Arturo was allowed to leave the hospital to attend the funerals for his wife, Yadira, and 10-year-old daughter, Karla.

The family says he doesn't remember much about the attack, but he does know that his wife and daughter are now in heaven.

Arturo spoke to News 3 briefly, as did his sister, Gaudia. They wanted to express their thanks for all the support they've received from the community.

The extent of Arturo's injuries aren't fully known yet. Police say he was beaten repeatedly with a claw hammer. His family says he'll require months of therapy.

The family asks that you continue to keep them in their prayers. There also has been a bank account that's been set up in the family's name. If you can help out, please visit the Bank of Nevada, 2700 W. Sahara Ave.
Share


Slideshows

News 3 Poll

Twitter

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.