LAS VEGAS --
Holiday travel doesn’t have to be a hassle, especially for those who know what is in store. By taking just a few minutes to plan ahead before leaving for the airport, following these simple steps will help travelers to avoid many of the most-common sources of holiday frustration at the airport.Travel Tips
- Liquids, gels and aerosols should be placed in checked luggage whenever possible. If such items must be carried through a security checkpoint, they should be stored in containers sized 3 ounces or less, and be placed within a one-quart, resealable clear plastic bag. Items that do not meet these criteria cannot be carried onto aircraft.
- Do not pack or bring prohibited items to the airport. Visit www.tsa.gov for a complete list.
- Be prepared to show your boarding pass (printed or electronic) and valid photo identification at the checkpoint.
- Carry-on is limited to one bag and one personal item, such as purses, laptops, briefcases, diaper bags, pillows.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed to pass through security checkpoints. To meet unaccompanied minors or assist disabled travelers, please visit your airline’s ticket counter in advance to obtain its written authorization.
- Parents of younger children can utilize McCarran’s play area within the D Concourse, above the Main Rotunda.
- Other fun ways to pass time at McCarran include slot machines, free Wi-Fi and an aviation museum.
- Look for travel updates, shopping deals and other updated information at McCarran’s Facebook and Twitter sites.
- For live, 24-hour parking information please call the staff at McCarran’s Parking Office at (702) 261-5122.
- Maps and other parking details, including the rates charged at different lots, are available at www.mccarran.com.
- McCarran’s Long Term parking garage and Valet Parking areas tend to fill early over Thanksgiving weekend.
- An uncovered Economy Lot is located off of Paradise Road, just south of Tropicana Avenue. Oversized vehicles should use the Remote Lot on Gilespie Street, just north of Warm Springs Road.
- Travelers using uncovered lots should set aside at least 30 additional minutes to be shuttled to the airport.
- Short Term parking and the passenger pick-up curb will also be busy. Before coming to the airport to pick someone up, please check their flight’s status by visiting www.mccarran.com or calling (702) 261-4636.
- After your trip, save time and pay for parking before you return to your car at any Express Exit pay station.
This year the Thanksgiving period’s busiest travel days will be Wednesday, Nov. 23; then Sunday, Nov. 27 and Monday, Nov. 28 when travelers make their way home following the extended weekend. Overall, the airport expects to welcome nearly 630,000 passengers over the six-day period from Wednesday through Monday.