LAS VEGAS (Las Vegas Sun) -- The American Red Cross was called to assist an adult, a child and a dog displaced from their home today after a house fire.
Clark County Fire responded just after midnight to 3487 Haverford Avenue, near Pecos and Desert Inn roads. The fire started in the garage and expanded to a car in the driveway and the attic above the garage, Clark County Fire officials said.
Smoke and flames consumed the garage. The family evacuated the home safely before firefighters arrived. The fire took about five minutes to extinguish, but it caused about $100,000 to the home, officials said.
No one was injured in the fire.
-- Brian Nordli / Las Vegas Sun