LAS VEGAS — Las Vegas and Clark County firefighters responded to the Boston Apartments early this morning for a fire in the bedroom of one apartment. One person is displaced because of the fire. There were no reported injuries.
Dispatchers received the call at 5:26 a.m. of the fire in the 200 block of West Boston Avenue. When firefighters arrived, flames were showing out the window of a downstairs unit in the two-story apartment building. Firefighters entered the very small apartment and had the fire out in less than five minutes.
The fire was confined to the one unit. Damage was mainly around the bed. Damage was estimated at $15,000.
Investigators ruled the fire accidental. There was no electrical power to the apartment, and the occupant was using an extension cord from an apartment upstairs for power. Investigators said they believe that extension cord caught fire next to the bed.
One occupant of the apartment is receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.
— From news release