LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3.com) --
The Las Vegas valley community will get a chance to say goodbye today to Metro Officer David VanBuskirk.
The officer died July 22 after falling at Mount Charleston moments after rescuing a stranded hiker.
A police motorcade will escort the officer, his family, and members of his Search and Rescue/Air Support team from Palm Mortuary on North Main Street to Central Christian Church, 1001 New Beginnings Drive in Henderson, beginning at 9 a.m. today.
This is the first of two motorcades which will take place during this service, and will be the smaller of the two. The route for that procession is as follows:
• Exit the Palm parking lot onto Main Street.
• Northbound on Main Street to Foremaster Lane.
• Eastbound on Foremaster Lane to Las Vegas Boulevard.
• Southbound on Las Vegas Boulevard to I-215.
• Eastbound on I-215 to the U.S. 95 Northbound transition.
• U.S. 95 Northbound to the Galleria Drive Exit.
• Eastbound on Galleria Drive to Stufflebeam Avenue.
• Northbound on Stufflebeam Avenue to the Church.
It is anticipated the funeral procession will arrive at Central Christian Church at approximately 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.
After the arrival of the motorcade, there will be a public viewing from 10 a.m. until noon. The funeral service will begin at noon, and is anticipated to conclude at approximately 1:30 p.m.