Eyes on the Road
What is Distracted Driving?
Anything that takes the driver’s full attention off of the road, there are three types of distraction:
- Visual – taking your eyes off the road
- Manual – taking your hand (s) off the wheel
- Cognitive – taking your mind off the tasks required to safely drive
While any type of distraction is potentially life altering, texting is the action that requires all forms of distractions,
placing it at the top of the list of things you should not do behind the wheel.
Information We Want You to Know
Make a pledge today to leave the cell phone off in the car; or get an app that responds for you when driving, then use it!
- Distracted Driving contributes to more than 3,500 Nevada crashes every year.
- There have been at least 63 deaths on Nevada Highways in the past five years due to distracted driving.
- Driving while on a cell phone makes you four times more likely to crash.
- NHTSA reports that a minimum of 16 percent of fatal crashes last year were due to distracted drivers.
- Distracted driving is the number one killer of teen drivers. Alcohol related crashes among teens have dropped,
but teen fatality numbers are flat because distracted driving is on the rise.
MyNews3.com Featured Pages:
Latest Weather Forecast
Watch the latest videos here!
Most Popular Stories