LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3) -- Southern Nevada Health District says more than 80 people were sickened by salmonella.
The health district's findings includes flies and small moths, meat left out at unsafe temperatures, and containers open to contamination.
Those are just some of the findings the Southern Nevada Health District wrote up in an inspection report of the restaurant Firefly that gave dozens of people salmonella last week.
As a result of those violations, Firefly has been temporarily shut down.
Firefly received about 44 demerits. It takes 41 to shut down a restaurant. And those violations include unsanitary conditions and food left at unsafe temperatures.
The health district inspected the restaurant Friday and closed its doors that same day.
The five-page report includes more than 30 pictures to go along with the violations.
Sanitation was a major one, and one photo taken shows an employee handling food with bare hands.
Pictures taken show raw meat stored over cooked meats and some at temperatures that can contaminate the food.
Inspectors also saw condensation from the storage rack with grease and debris build up that dripped into open containers on food below.
Also noted were fruit flies and small moths seen inside the restaurant.
The restaurant was fined about $700.
Meanwhile, the health district is awaiting results to figure out where that salmonella came from. That can be anything from an ingredient to seasoning, to unsanitary practices.