Latest News from News 3

Las Vegas News | Weather | Sports | Traffic - MyNews3

One treated for smoke inhalation in northwest valley house fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/25/2013 11:05 am
LAS VEGAS (KSNV MYNews3.com) -- One person was treated for smoke inhalation, four people were displaced and a cat died after a house firm early Sunday in the northwest part of the valley.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue firefighters responded shortly after 1 a.m. at 9169 W. Dorrell Lane (Elkhorn & Fort Apache) to reports of a fire on the second floor of a home.

One of the occupants told firefighters that a sofa was burning on a loft and they believed candles started the fire. One of the residents attempted to put out the fire with a garden hose but was unsuccessful.

Firefighetrs found heavy smoke on the second floor and the sofa on fire. The fire was extinguished in less than a minute while it took several minutes to evacuate the smoke. Once the smoke was cleared they found the dead cat.

The damage was estimated at $20,000 and was confined to the loft area.

Two adults and two teenagers were displaced because of the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Share
Popular Right Now:
Kurt Busch testifies he told ex-girlfriend to leave

Updated: 12/17/2014 11:43:27 AM

NASCAR via Getty Images (Chris Graythen | NASCAR via Getty Images, 2013 NASCAR)
Poll


All content © Copyright 2014 Chesapeake Media I, LLC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
You may also view our Sitemap.

FCC assistance for any person with disabilities can be provided by contacting us at publicfilehelp@mynews3.com

KSNV Profile & Public Inspection Files

2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Portions by Broadcast Interactive Media

FOLLOW US!


Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.